Domestic Abuse Allegations and Divorce
Divorce can be a tough process, but it can be even more difficult when your spouse makes allegations of criminal behavior against you during divorce proceedings. Sometimes a spouse will try to get more out of the person he or she is divorcing by accusing that person of domestic abuse during divorce proceedings.
It may seem hard to fight against such an attack, but the Lewisville domestic abuse lawyers of Alexander & Associates are committed to standing firm for our clients against such tactics. For help facing domestic abuse allegations during divorce proceedings, contact us by calling (972) 420-6560.
When you’re going through a divorce, your situation can be difficult enough without also facing domestic abuse allegations from your soon-to-be-ex-spouse. There are ways that you and your attorney can protect you from these allegations, including:
- Documenting any indication that your spouse could be exaggerating or not telling the truth
- Documenting any threats / abusive behavior on behalf of your spouse
- Finding witnesses to testify to your non-abusive behavior
- Diligently appearing in court on time, and prepared to defend against these allegations
- Demonstrating that you were not abusive during a marriage
Each of these actions could help you prevent any negative consequences resulting from a domestic abuse allegation during your divorce proceedings.
Facing divorce can be difficult and can be made even more so when your spouse accuses you of domestic abuse. But you can fight back against these allegations with the help of an experienced Lewisville domestic abuse lawyer of Alexander & Associates. Contact us today for help at (972) 420-6560.