When facing criminal charges, many individuals immediately have a number of questions about how the law pertains to their particular situation, what their options are for defending their rights, and the details of the laws and regulations under which they are accused. In an effort to provide a clearer understanding of the issues relevant to our clients and others, our legal team has compiled this list of frequently asked questions along with concise and clear answers.
If you have been accused of a crime, the Lewisville criminal lawyers at Alexander & Associates are prepared to aggressively defend your rights and interests in court. To learn more about your legal options, call us today at (972) 420-6560.
- Are boating while intoxicated charges handled the same way as DUI charges?
- Are there different levels of felony crimes?
- Are there different penalties for drug possession and drug distribution?
- Can I lose my boating license from a BUI charge?
- Do I have to register as a sex offender?
- How is robbery different from theft?
- How long will my case take?
- If I only steal one item, can I be charged with employee theft?
- On what grounds can a protective order be issued?
- What are different property crimes in Texas?
- What are some essential questions I should ask an attorney before hiring him or her?
- What are the consequences of shoplifting?
- What are the differences between assault and battery?
- What are the potential penalties for sexual assault in Texas?
- What can I do if I’ve been charged with DWI?
- What is considered a “juvenile” crime?
- What is public intoxication?
- What is the difference between assault and domestic assault?
- What is the difference between negligent homicide and first-degree murder?
- What is the most serious drug crime in Texas?
- What kind of boats can BUI charges affect?
- What legal penalties are associated with DUI?
- Why do I need an attorney?