Do I have to register as a sex offender?

The answer will vary depending on the sentence that the judge determines. In most cases regarding sex crimes, those found guilty are required to register as a sex offender with their local police department. If the offender in question moves to another city, they will likely be required to re-register with the local authorities. In any case, people should check with their particular parole officer to make sure that they are following the rules of their parole. If you have been accused of violating your parole, you may benefit from the help of a criminal defense attorney.