Denton Custody Agreement Modification Lawyers

In the wake of a divorce, settling on a custody agreement that works for both parents often involves some compromising. Making decisions with your child’s best interest in mind is always top priority. However, sometimes the initially agreed upon terms need to be adjusted to fit life’s changing circumstances. The support of a lawyer can be a tremendous asset if you need to make valid changes to your child custody, visitation terms, and/or child support.

The Denton Custody Agreement Modification Lawyers at Alexander & Associates have worked with the North Dallas community for years. We strive to help families work through difficult situations, all while making sure that they have the legal support that they need to make the best possible decisions. We understand how important family is and the toll that a divorce can have on each member, which is why we use our experience to empower and inform.

If you need to make adjustments to your custody or child support agreement, the attorneys at Alexander & Associates can help you decide on the best course of action to take. Modifying formerly agreed-upon terms is often a necessary step for families going through changes, and our lawyers will walk you through the legal process to make sure that your child receives the support that they need. Give our lawyers at Alexander & Associates a call today at (972) 420-6560 to discuss how we can help you.

Do I Need a Custody Agreement Modification Lawyer?

During a divorce, deciding on the terms of parental custody, child support payment amounts, and visitation are all important steps. Each aspect should be carefully considered since they all directly affect your child. Through the initial legal process, the family court looks at factors which often include the income and employment of both parents, the child’s needs, and each parent’s individual ability to meet these needs.

Once terms are agreed upon, if either parent does not adhere to them, then the other parent can take action to enforce the legal terms. As such, if you find that you need to make any changes to your custody or child support agreements, then this will need to be done in court. This often occurs when one parent receives a pay raise, loses their job, relocates, or remarries.

We’d like to believe that all parents want what is best for their child, but unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. Visitation terms and partial-custody agreements can be revisited and amended when one parent isn’t honoring their child’s best interest. With the help of a lawyer, your chances of successfully making the changes that you seek are much better.

Similarly, if you are up against an ex-spouse who is trying to make changes that are unfair or not in the child’s best interest, the skill of an experienced family lawyer is an invaluable resource to protecting the terms of your existing agreement.

Why Choose Alexander & Associates to Handle My Case?

The team at Alexander & Associates understands the mental and emotional stress that legal disputes and adjustments to custody agreements can have on both children and parents. Our lawyers work diligently on behalf of Denton families to make sure that the end legal result is fair and beneficial to the child.

If you need to make changes to your child custody agreement, we can walk you through the steps that you need to take to ensure that the changes in your life are properly reflected in the terms of your custody and child support agreement.

We believe in serving our clients with compassion and respect, with the understanding that taking legal action in regards to family situations is never an easy thing to do. Our legal team has earned the trust and respect of many families in Denton over the years. By providing excellent legal guidance we work to reduce the stress and uncertainty that our clients face as they go through significant life changes.

Types of Cases We Handle

Because the terms of custody agreements are decided in court, in order to make valid and enforceable changes, legal action must be taken. Adjustments can be made when one or both parents have experienced significant life changes which directly affect their ability to financially provide for or house and support their child. Though many factors can be considered in changing the terms of a custody agreement, some particularly significant factors include:

  • Salary – An increase or decrease to income can significantly change a parent’s ability to provide financial support.
  • Employment – Changes to employment, such as getting a higher-paying or lower-paying job, can influence the amount that a parent is required to pay in support.
  • Child’s Needs – If a child has notable changes to their mental, physical, or emotional needs, the terms of support can be revisited.
  • Residence – Changing residences such as buying a larger home, losing a home, or relocating can be an important indicator in a parent’s ability to provide for their child.

We fight to make sure that you and your child have the support that you need. If you find that a significant life change is affecting you or your ex-spouse’s ability to provide for your child, it may be time to make some changes to your legal agreement. If you have a good relationship with your ex-spouse, working through these changes can be easier. It is important to remember that verbal agreements are not legally enforceable, so it is always a good idea to make sure that the plans that you make are reflected in your legal agreements. A lawyer can ensure that any changes you decide to make are legally binding, so that you can enforce them later in the event your spouse violates them.

Get in Touch with a Child Custody Agreement Lawyer Today

If you need an experienced legal team backing you in Denton, the divorce attorneys at Alexander & Associates are ready to help. We work to make sure that the legal agreements that parents are beholden to match their ability to meet them. To speak with a compassionate family lawyer about how legal guidance can help you, contact a lawyer from Alexander & Associates at (972) 420-6560 or fill out a contact form.