As a broad and diverse area of law, family law can often leave a person confused and frustrated. Not knowing where to find answers to your questions, what options you have, or where to find help can only compound this issue. Fortunately, the Lewisville divorce lawyers of Alexander & Associates are here to help you in whatever manner possible when it comes to family law matters such as divorce, child custody, alimony, child support, and more.
Because we understand how important it can be to be able to quickly find the answers to your legal questions, we have provided the following list of some of the questions that we are asked most frequently. To discuss your situation further with a qualified attorney, or if you do not see your question listed here, please contact our legal team at (972) 420-6560 today.
- Am I too old to get a divorce?
- Are there alternatives to contested and uncontested divorces?
- Are there degrees of openness for open adoptions?
- Are there ways to save money during a divorce?
- Can I contest the reason for a divorce?
- Can my alimony payments ever be modified?
- Can my spouse and I file for divorce jointly?
- How Are Alimony Payments Determined?
- How are child custody and visitation determined?
- How can paternity testing affect me?
- How do I go about dividing property with my spouse?
- How is mediated divorce different from collaborative divorce?
- How long does a divorce take?
- How much does a divorce cost?
- Is it normal to argue with my spouse about child support during a divorce?
- Is my spouse going to be “punished” for indiscretion during the divorce process?
- Should I get a divorce?
- What are some benefits of open adoption?
- What are the most commonly contested issues in divorce?
- What if my ex-spouse will not pay child support payments?
- What is a simplified divorce?
- What is the difference between an open and closed adoption?
- What is the difference between contested and uncontested divorces?
- What is the difference between legal custody and physical custody?